Wednesday, April 1, 2015

More than just sunshine

I can’t seem to come off the high from today.  One year ago today, I met my chubby, full head of hair, squishy little man, Jase. I remember his first cry, his weight, the time he was born and the first time I fed him. Nursing Jase has been a magical journey that I am happy to say that we are still continuing. I’ve already told him that I won’t nurse him before prom, so don’t worry, I’ll be done by the time he goes to high school. :)
Our day started early- 5:45 am...I guess the little party animal couldn't sleep! Owen was up about 15 minutes later and we've been going ever since. Jase was so excited to see his big brother and when Owen got close enough, Jase rested his head on Owen's chest and gave him a 'hug.' It was so sweet. I guess being up at 5:45 am wasn't so bad after all. We had a fun day full of laughter, outside play, easter egg dying and a cup cake play date.  It was a beautiful day spent with family and friends.
Many of you know my story: Jase is short for Jason, ‘one who heals.’ Jase got his name because we found out we were pregnant with him shortly after we lost a pregnancy. We prayed and prayed for God to heal our pain and to bring us a healthy baby in his perfect timing. Thanks be to God for all the answered prayers both in the past and present. I was reminded that God, love and family is bigger than the pain of miscarriage. When I looked up in the sky today, I saw more than just sunshine.                        



                     
  

Jase enjoyed playing with his cupcake more than eating it... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment