Wednesday, September 9, 2015

R is for Routine



     
       
       TGIS! Thank goodness it’s September! We are all so happy to be back on our ‘normal’ routines! Don’t get me wrong, we had a fantastic summer! We played with friends, we went to the beach several times, went to the aquarium, went to the sprinkler pool and had some great family time around the house.
September is back to school for Greg! He was on research sabbatical last spring so he hasn’t taught since December. He is excited to embark on a new semester. He’s teaching a night class this semester, we’ll see how that goes ;) Maybe it means more time for me to do some blogging!  He is in his 5th year of his tenure track position, which means it’s crunch time. He’s teaching three classes, volunteering on various committees and working on research papers to be published..not to mention being a husband and a daddy! He’s doing a great job and we know he’ll do well! He works so hard for us; we are very blessed!
It’s back to school for Owen too! Owen starts school tomorrow, he’s in pre-k, and he goes three times per week. I can’t believe it! He is very excited. His teacher this year was actually his assistant teacher last year so he feels very comfortable with her. Many of his classmates from last year are in his class again this year, even his favorite buddy! I’ve already looked over his schedule and he will be busy. It looks like they will have about one field trip per month, those lucky kiddos! They are going to Gettysburg, a farm and an orchard all this fall!
Jase is so much fun.  He is running, climbing, jumping, and loves to dance. He and I will be hanging out solo while Owen is in school. I hope to get him into a regular routine of library story times and other adventures. Owen and I used to do that and he loved it! Jase is doing well with his words and his signs, now if we could just get him to sleep through the night! The little stinker still wakes frequently at night…this too shall pass, right?! 
As for me, I am settling back into the stay at home mom thing. It’s such a blessing to be able to take care of my hubby, kids and home without the additional stress of having to go to work in the morning. I am looking forward to the fall and the arrival of some new babies! (not mine!) I can't wait to hold those little babies; my heart is overfull with joy for my expecting friends. Other than adore the babies, I have grand plans to organize and clean the house, host a party or two, get back into a church routine and start serving in a ministry, and to do a lot of karate. Phew, that's a lot! I'd better get to work!
Happy fall everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment